Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pro-Cras-Tin-Ation

I'm putting off other things. What?
  1. Figuring out how to challenge my property tax assessment
  2. Making copies of the capital gains tax forms on the sale of our house
  3. Putting up the bulletin board in my study so that I can get all these clippings and little pieces of paper off my very small desk work surface.
  4. Eating something for lunch - it's been a long time since breakfast. My stomach is growling, yet it's getting so close to lunch . . .
  5. Figuring out how to air condition one room of this place for when the heat and humidity become unbearable in August and September
  6. Writing this week's Practice piece, which is to show a 'downfall' - take a character who has achieved something, or is something, and show him/her brought low from whatever forces - character flaw, vagaries of history, enemies, or simply decay.
  7. Shopping for shoes and maybe some sort of costume to wear New Year's eve - I'm tired of black. Black. Black. Yet, when I put on other colors I feel wrong, don't like myself.
  8. Need to finish transferring addresses/info to new pocket-sized address book
  9. Would love to take a nap - Sachi is napping. Why not I?
Then there is the question of New Year's resolutions. I don't want to write them or even think about them.

And, that's enough to stop me, right here.

No comments: